Covering Letter
Motivation
I am self-confident and Business Development oriented with a deep understanding of the United Nations development affairs and youth educational coordination.I am a resourceful and pro-active; I put together networking skills and a flexible approach tochallenges with excellent analytical recommendations and reports, especially youth educational volunteer fields as well as with broad based skills on the current refugee influx in Europe. I am an effective communicator, with the capacity of putting across a clear vision in very different and demanding environments, and with the ability of achieving substantial results oriented attitudes.
I worked with UNHCR in my country and abroad; especially in the field of Community Services and Education for both refugees and Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs). My experience goes in representing UNHCR as managing and coordinating the scholarships granted for refugees and IDPs by other organizations and public institutions like DAFI, Governments (Ministry of Education) as Associate Protection in the IDP/Returnees section.
I was a member of the Educational Cluster Working Groups in the region for assessing and evaluation the overall educational needs of the Area of my responsibility. Regular field visit to all different locations of the program.
I also worked with UNDPKO (UNAMID/Darfur-Sudan) as a Civil Affairs Officer in the capacity of planning (QIP) Quick Impact Projects/Local Governance Capacity building and Conflict management. During this time I was the center of coordinating the LEAD program (Leadership Education And Development) Programs in Darfur at the Zaling University of Education; where students community volunteering matched.
Thus; my involvement in both UNHCR and UNDPKO experience reflect a lot in my professional skills. Although both UN organizations are similar in their humanitarian approach but are different in their strategies. UNHCR is humanitarian and relief (Protection & Assistance refugees/IDPs and other persons of concern to UNHCR) while UNDPKO is political/capacity building and development for the peace making, peace building and peace keeping.
Accordingly with UNHCR, for nearly 15 years in and out worked as International UNV and as local staff, altogether contributing my work experience/trainings and skills acquired during this time especially in planning for urban IDPs and refugees livelihood projects and coordination of youth educational skills aimed for self-reliance/local integration made me work as professional with competence and integrity at all levels.
Thus because of my experience; I represented UNHCR in many occasions, for example the SL&EG (Sustainable Livelihoods and Employment Generations) working groups at UNDP Yemen level. Leading the coordination of the Protection Cluster Working Groups for the IDPs in the South of Yemen and being a Member of Educational Cluster Working Group make me to stand out for this Academic Service Learning post (Graduate Assistance in Rome)
It is also important to mention my role as coordinator of all stake holders and influential personalities and events according to the plan objectives/goals of the (St. John's University). Professional in note taking and report writings, analysis and evaluation of results especially IASC Inter Agency Standing Committee reports and planning of Participatory Assessments of AGDM (Age Gender Diversity Mainstreaming) exercises etc.
Quality assurance in all tasks assigned:
My professional skills in the implementation of Quick Impact Projects and Monitoring the implementations of the Quick Impact Projects and preparation of budgets for these projects and my capability to endorse the Initial impact group and coordinate with the Local Government, Representatives of Central Government, the Civil Society Organizations and Community Based Organizations. My TOF covered in focusing on: conflict resolution and human development through effective participation, efficiency and equity, participation and accountability of all stakeholders.
Some Landmarks:
Land mark 1:
I have worked in the Great leaks in Uganda where the land marks I made are still reflecting. I have organized Kindergarten schools in Orijinga, Chaka and Nakivali Refugee resettlements respectively and all the kindergarten are today linked to UNICEF and the Ugandan Ministry of Education. It became the formal source for elementary education enrolment in those settlements. This project enables over 200 refugees' students to be formally registered with the local official schools annually since 2002.
Land mark 2:
I have also worked in Yemen with COMSICCA (local NGO) and managed to implement livelihood projects and researches (Community Development Journal -Volume 40, Issue 2-Pp. 201-204) which I have made remarkable results working with urban refugees. The business and Administration classes I thought today gave the youth a chance to become self-reliant including empowerment of women. As a result of this a large number of women (commercial travelers) and other youth today have their own business in Yemen.
Land mark 3:
Cross country Somali/Djibouti and Yemen UNHCR operations, because of the protection program for the Somali Urban refugees and Somali IDPs in Somalia. I translated the UNHCR Book (Participatory Assessment) in to Somali language. The book is a Protection tool for UNHCR Operations Worldwide. This contributed a tremendous part to prevent the protection risks that hundreds of thousands of Somali refugees/IDPs may face in the course of being this situation.
Land mark 4:
Influencing people and events:
I trained University Students (LEAD) by linking Leadership Education And Development specially community leadership and the importance of effective communication skills. 26 university students were certified and are active in their communities and academic institutions. Especially in resolving conflicts and keeping clean environment.
Land mark 5:
I also published a leaflet emphasizing conflict resolution and is distributed among the pastoralist and farmers in Darfur widely. These leaflets play a major role in understanding on how to handle crops destruction problems that often happen between farmers and pastoralists.
Conclusion:
I believe that my professional skills, integrity plus my excellent ethical relations to coordinate and act the UN at any level and maintain the good relation with other stakeholders such as donors.
Therefore, if I am selected for the post will do to the at most of my capacity to represent the organization. I am familiar with the UN rules and regulations and will be working with integrity, professionalism and respect differences of opinion at the same time will abide according to the rules and policies of the organization I am representing.
Thus, realize the millennium goals of the UN which are sustain the integrity of mankind , peace , lesson poverty and hunger, reduce Human health risks fight HIV/AIDS, enhance education and advocate for equality among gender and fight against discrimination and deliver substantial supplies according on time with less risk free.
Thank you very much for short listing and thank you very much for giving me this chance.
Ahmed MASSUD
0039 351 243 4903
0039 389 203 2789
Student Name: Ahmed A. Massud
Collage of Liberal Arts and Science
St. John's University in Rome, Italy
https://amzn.to/4iQkloc
ReplyDelete